Lithium-Ion Conducting Glass-Ceramics (LICGC™)Glass-ceramic that enables advanced lithium metal cells and serves as a true solid-state electrolyte or separator in next generation lithium-ion battery electrolytes and other electrochemical devices.
High Lithium-Ion Conductivity:
1 to 4 x 10 -4 S/cm at room temperature. These are some of the highest conductivity values achieved in a solid electrolyte. Lithium-ion transport # is 1.
Outstanding Chemical Properties:
LICGC™ has excellent chemical resistance. Water and mild acid have minimal influence on the lithium-ion conductivity.
Excellent Physical and Mechanical Properties
- Stable in air & water
- True solid electrolyte
- Safe, prevents dendrite penetration
- Supplied in various sizes
1 x 10 -4 S/cm at 25°C for LICGC™ (AG-01) Membranes
Types of LICGC™ Membranes
1. LICGC™ AG-01 Polished Substrates
- Ionic Conductivity: 1 x 10-4 S/cm at 25 °C
- Standard Size: 25.4 mm SQ or DIA x 150 um THK
- Superior durability and surface accuracy
- Research & development applications for next-generation batteries
- Excellent seawater stability (>2 years)
2. LICGC™ SP-01 Sintered Plates
- Ionic Conductivity: 2.5 to 4 x 10-4 S/cm at 25 °C
- Standard Size: 25.4 mm SQ x 150 um THK
- Scalable in terms of size & quantity
- Ionic conductivity 3x higher than AG-01 plates
Main Crystalline Phase:
Ohara would like to acknowledge and thank PolyPlus Battery Company for their development and continued advancement of lithium metal batteries.
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.